All About Modular
We supply new and refurbished modular buildings to a vast range of industry sectors throughout the UK. Offering a fast, affordable solution to your accommodation needs, these versatile, sustainable, semi-permanent buildings fit a variety of requirements.
What Are Modular Buildings?
Modular buildings are sectional, prefabricated structures consisting of one or multiple building components called modules. The individual modules are constructed in a factory setting and transported to site where they can be combined together to form a wide variety of building functions.
Modules can be connected side-by-side, end-to-end, or stacked up to four storeys high, to create a semi-permanent structure with a minimum lifespan of 25 years.
Modular Buildings for Sale
Whether you require a single module or a complete turnkey package, we have the knowledge and expertise to work with you from initial enquiry, through design and development, to the delivery and installation of your new building.
Our complete turnkey package, designed to reduce project costs and timescale while ensuring you receive a hassle-free experience, includes:
- Crane hire
- Building control & planning application
- Access ramp & steps
We supply modular and advanced modular buildings suitable to meet the demands of modern accommodation requirements in a range of industry sectors. All our buildings are available with a range of internal and external finishes, including architectural wall claddings, and timber, brick, stone or plaster-rendered walls.
Used Modular Buildings
With a vast array of sizes and configurations to choose between, our modular buildings can be tailored to fit a number of different functions, including:
- Modular offices
- Modular classrooms
- Modular leisure facilities
Alternatively, if a new building is not viable but you still require a quality product, we have a selection of refurbished modular buildings that can be modified to fit your accommodation needs.
The Benefits of Modular Buildings
Modular buildings offer a number of advantages over traditional construction methods, including:
- A speedy solution: Using pre-fabricated building modules, constructed in a factory setting, saves build time and ensures your project isn’t delayed by bad weather.
- Minimal site disruption: Offsite construction while the building foundations are laid means you enjoy minimal disruption to your site, leaving you free to concentrate on your business.
- Flexibility: Modular building systems can be adapted as your employee numbers and business needs change, giving you maximum flexibility to upsize or downsize as necessary.
- Cost savings: Constructing modular buildings is a far more efficient method than traditional construction, meaning you could save up to 50% on the cost of a traditional building.
- Robust & durable: Because they are constructed in a factory setting, the quality of the build is far superior to something constructed on site and the finished building will be robust, durable and subject to the same building regulations as traditional builds.
- Environmentally friendly: Modular construction provides a sustainable solution to the environmental challenges of modern buildings. They produce less waste, both onsite and in the factory, and virtually all materials are recyclable.
To find out more about our range of modular and advanced modular buildings, or to request a quote for your project, speak to one of our experienced team at Portable Facilities today.