What Are Modular Buildings?
They are sectional, prefabricated structures consisting of one, two or multiple building components called modules.
These individual modules are constructed in a factory setting and transported to site where they can be combined together to form a wide variety of building functions.
Modules can be connected side-by-side, end-to-end, or stacked up to four storeys high, to create a semi-permanent structure with a minimum lifespan of 25 plus years.
Interested in seeing how they are installed on site? Take a look at our video blog post on modular building installation for a recent project overview.
With a vast array of sizes and configurations to choose between, our modular buildings can be tailored to fit a number of different functions, including:
- Leisure facilities
Alternatively, if a new building is not viable but you still require a quality product, we have a refurbished selection that can be modified to fit your accommodation needs.
If you need modular buildings for 6-12 month use, we now offer hire facilities. Please take a look and get in touch if we can help.
Six Benefits Of Modern Modular Buildings
- Speed: Using pre-fabricated building modules saves you build time and ensures your project isn’t delayed by bad weather.
- Time: Offsite construction while the building foundations are laid means you enjoy minimal disruption to your site, leaving you free to concentrate on your business.
- Flexible: Modular building systems can be adapted as your employee or student numbers and business needs change, giving you maximum flexibility to upsize, downsize, reconfigure or relocate as necessary.
- Cost: More efficient method than traditional construction, meaning you could save up to 50% on the cost of a traditional building.
- Robust: Because they are constructed in a factory setting, the quality of the build is far superior to something constructed on site and the finished building will be robust, durable and subject to the same building regulations as traditional builds.
- Green: Modular construction provides a sustainable solution to the environmental challenges of modern buildings. They produce less waste, both onsite and in the factory, and virtually all materials are recyclable.